As April comes to a close, I have been reflecting on God’s faithfulness at the beginning of this month to lead me in deciding to go to Sudan on another Engineering Ministries International (eMi) trip. I got to snowshoe up to a hut just east of the continental divide near Leadville over the weekend. Yesterday morning before most of the group I went with were awake, I was reading in Isaiah and enjoying the beauty of snow falling on pine trees outside the hut window. God again impressed me with His power to save and how glorious, strong, and worthy of praise He is. My heart rejoices in the well of salvation through Christ, and I want to share about that life-giving water so that many might know redemption through the blood of Jesus!
Praise God for the opportunity to spread His gospel and provide for the physical water needs of Jalle, Sudan! Thanks to each of you who have contributed with prayer and finances so far! I still would like to challenge others to set aside time to pray for the trip or money to give toward the trip. I have included some requests below, and the website for online donations is https://emisecure.org/donate.html (include “Project 5493 – Agee” in the Designation box). Please contact me if you do not have my address and would prefer to give by check. You may also mail checks made out to “EMI” with a memo of “Project 5493 – Agee” directly to eMi: 130 E. Kiowa St. Ste #200, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
- That the team’s visas would be approved by the Sudan government (Our passports and applications are currently being walked through the
Government of Southern Sudan by one of Michael Kuany’s contacts.)
- For Henry Watts, as he plans and leads the trip, as well as wrapping up the plans and report for the Sierra Leone hospital project
- That recent tribal conflict in Southern Sudan would subside
- That the team would work well together and bond quickly
- That God would prepare our hearts, as a team, to share His love and His gospel
- That the several unbelievers who are interested in the project and going with the eMi team would witness the power and love of Christ through the rest of the team during the trip
- That the Holy Spirit would be working in the hearts of people we will encounter on the trip
- That financial needs would be supplied for each team member
- That God will continue to provide vision to Michael Kuany and the Rebuild Sudan team
- That the school and community well would result in the gospel being proclaimed and transforming many in the Jalle area
- For continued restoration and peace after two decades of conflict in Sudan
- That people of Southern Sudan would be able to forgive and reach out to those in the North who persecuted them
- That the Sudanese church would be strengthened and that God’s fame would spread around the largest country in Africa
Thank you again for your prayers and support! Praise God for giving us all roles in outreach around the world so that worship of Almighty God
might exist among every tribe and tongue!
I encourage you to spend some time reflecting on Isaiah 12: praising the Creator for turning His anger away and comforting you; for enabling you to trust Him, your strength and song, without fear; and for restoring your life with Him through water from the wells of salvation. May He fill you with the desire to proclaim and exalt His name among all the people He places in your life!
Reflecting HIS glory,
You will say in that day: “I will give thanks to you, O LORD, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me.
“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”
With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds
among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted.
“Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.”