I have a few quick updates about the upcoming Nigeria trip, which I depart for on Saturday afternoon:
- I am now the only civil engineer going on the trip because Emily (the other civil engineer) has been having back pain. Please pray for Emily, as she is disappointed not to be going, but she still wants to be involved in the project.
- Praise God that Rob from the U.K. was able to get his Nigerian visa!
- Pray that I would have wisdom in my time management in the days before departure as I wrap up tasks at work, transfer coordinator tasks for the Perspectives class planning, prepare downloads and project reference materials, gather and pack items on my packing list, and prepare spiritually for the trip. May God provide rich times with Him in the midst of the busyness of preparing for this trip!
- Pray for the trip leader Rex and the eMi interns tomorrow as they visit and learn at a fish farm site in Alabama that uses biogas from fish waste to generate electricity.
- Lift up the entire team as we prepare to leave: Rex (eMi trip leader), Michael (eMi civil engineering intern), Brice (eMi mechanical engineering intern), Jim (electrical engineer) and his wife Mary Ann (volunteer), Brian (agricultural engineer) and his wife Kate (architect), Benjamin (architect), Scott (surveyor), and Rob (mechanical engineer from the UK). May God grow us together as a team and use us faithfully for His glory on this trip.
Updates while I am in country may be sent by my mom, as I will have very limited or no access to email and the internet. We plan to stay mostly around the village and site to avoid any unnecessary risks in larger towns or cities.
Thanks for your continued prayer support for this trip. I am looking forward to seeing what God will accomplish in and through the eMi team!
Reflecting HIS glory,